Monday, January 3, 2011

What your home says about you

 

I would like my home to say: I am a woman who has got her shit together”.  Reality check.  My home says ‘here lives a woman who really doesn’t give a shit’.

The journey from being married to a clean freak who wants everything perfect to being about two steps away from being on hoarders has really surprised me.  I was a woman working part time at night, taking care of the kids and house during the day and still had time for crafts and church and…o god I was sooo incredibly bored and boring.

In my search for fun and knowing myself better, life kind of slipped out of my control and sent me spiraling into a pattern of laziness that I can’t seem to get out of. There was really no one pushing me to clean anymore.  I had to get up before the sun everyday.  It wasn’t my house and when it became my house it was just too overwhelming.  Sleep was encouraged, by my then other half.  Then came school and then there were just too many people and animals living in my house.  I shouldn’t have to do it all...

I think this topic falls under ‘being comfortable in my home’ and "balance’ on my January wish list.  So I shall pray hard for these things, take a little bit of initiative daily and think positively and see what happens.  My home will one day state “this woman has her shit together. She IS every woman, hear her roar’. I really I hope I am not roaring because I am in pain from stooping and scrubbing, or sleeping when I should be awake.  Maybe instead of praying for balance I should pray for the energy to conquer it all,   or more Starbucks gift cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment