Friday, January 28, 2011

Get my head outta my *ss

I just realized I am so wrapped up in my own life I haven’t been paying enough attention to those that I love. 

To my niece Steph, I am so proud of you.  You are a military wife, mother and have managed to get your GED & graduate from college.  You are an inspiration.  You have lived years away from your family, always worried about everybody else and feel guilty when you can’t be there. Just to have you thinking of those who need you is much more than anyone could ask.  We miss you, don’t always agree with your choices, but we love you nonetheless.  So glad your dad’s surgery went ok.  He is important to you therefore important to us. 

To my daughter Amity,  I really am so proud of you.  You have managed to graduate from community college and begin going to a four-year college (TOWSON!)  all on your own.  You have accomplished much more than I had ever hoped.  I know you will give your best, have moments of rage, self-pity and general pissed-offedness (is that even a word).  No matter what, in 2015 I know I will be going to your graduation from college and you will be heading out into the field that you want.  Not only am I proud of your academics, I am proud that you have contacted people that you may never have known, but should have always known.  It may not be easy when people don’t live up to your expectations but you have faced them and I think have made a friend out of it.

To my son Day, you have grown quite a bit in the last year.  You are growing up and trying your best to be a responsible, well-rounded man even though you never really had a good role model.  You are going to school and I know you will succeed.  Your temper sometimes still gets the best of you but you are dealing with that too.  Keep up the good work, I know you can become the person you want to be.

To Brett, my baby boy.  You are trying so hard to be everything everyone wants you to be.  Be you. Shoot for what you want, give it your best.  Don’t worry about high school, we all make it through, even Damian did. 

To my baby girl, Cara.  You are so much like me it’s scary.  You have a temper that can make an Irishman scared.  You can also be the most loving child in the world.  I know I am not the bestest mommy in the world, but you are an independent little girl who knows right from wrong and you get attention from everyone around you.  You demand attention.  My little Leo.

There are many others but I don’t think I should be writing a novel on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment