Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dear fortune cookie…

 

I have never put too much, lets just say, faith, into a fortune cookie fortune.  Occasionally they are funny, sometimes insightful.  My fortune for today just struck a cord in me and I may just live the rest of the year with this as my mantra.  Pray for what you want, work for what you need

Somehow seems so simple.  As a norm I write 10 things each new moon and call it my new moon wish list.  This is sort of what I will be doing on here each month.  As a way to keep myself on track and to be held accountable to any who read this, I will be posting my needs and my wants.  My wants will be prayed for daily and I work for my needs. 

So as a first step lets just list my needs in a generalized fashion.

  • a home
  • food
  • a job (very important)
  • transportation to and from said job
  • coffee (some may disagree)
  • proper hygiene (i.e. working shower, bathing supplies…)
  • cell phone, computer & other social media (ok this may be stretching it a bit)
  • my children and bestie.  Those that I love the most in the world and really need in my life.
  • cigarettes (yes I know, please don’t judge)

Ok so I think that may cover the needs.  These are not prioritized by any means, just what popped out.

My wants for January will be as follows:

  1. Balance in my life. Work, kids, home,” romantic” life, social time.  I want enough for everyone and not to concentrate too much on one thing.
  2. To live comfortably in my home.  No money worries, clean home…
  3. I want to like the person in the mirror every day, not just sometimes.
  4. To know that my decisions are the right ones for me and to take more control of my life.
  5. To be independent but not afraid to depend on others when needed. (Would that be considered under balance?)
  6. To get rid of the stink bugs in my house!
  7. To live each day to the fullest, while still planning for the future.
  8. New tires on my car. (That too could be considered a need though)
  9. Be on time for work everyday. 
  10. The Ravens to go to the Super Bowl.

So maybe my wants and needs are requiring a bit of work.  Tweaking will be done as needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment