Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I believe…

Yeah, I think this post may have been better off being written on MLK day.  So I am a bit late. 

I believe in the pursuit of happiness. I pursue happiness, sometimes find it, sometimes lose it, but I continue to pursue it.  I tend to find happiness in the oddest of places and sometimes the smallest of things.  The giggle of a baby gets me every time, sitting on the porch on a summer morning just drinking my coffee and listening to the sounds, hearing a cat purr, these are all small moments of happiness.  I pursue constantly not always consciously. I am responsible for my own happiness, no one has the power to take it away or give it. 

I believe you never stop learning.  I want to know things, push the envelope, question why things are and learn new ways of doing things.  I am a student, literally.  My education may take many years but I will finish it.  I want to learn something new everyday and teach others what I have learned. The more I learn the more I want to learn.  The world is only as small as you make it.

I believe we are all different, yet all the same.  We fundamentally want the same things.  We may differ in how to get them by religion, politics, and even race and gender.  These differences are individualized and shouldn’t be forced upon anyone else.  Put the cards on the table, inform me of what your opinion on each matter is and why, I will then take this information and form my own opinion. 

I believe in love.  Always, eternally.  I am not saying that I believe love lasts forever in the same form.  I do believe that love is necessary to live a fulfilled life. To see things differently.  To have a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment