Thursday, September 9, 2010

The story of shed


Shed was only in our lives for a little over a year but he touched us all. Amity and Oz went on a hunting expedition for the kittens living under the our neighbors' shed. They managed to catch one, with the help of Amity's shirt.

Brandi kept an eye on him,actually she laid outside his cage or stayed next to who ever was holding him. We held him until he no longer wanted to eat us when he saw us. Amity had to teach him how to eat solid food! It wasn't long before he was out and about in the house on his own. Out and about may not be the right phrase, since he kept going under and inside the couch.

We were going to find a home for him, but I think he decided he wanted to be with us. While Amity was away in Mississippi, I fell in love with those puss -in- boots eyes of his and he had a home with us.

From the moment we decided he was ours, Shed brought joy to everyone who was around him. Even when he shredded every roll of toilet paper, we couldn't help but love him. He came to us when we came home, walked across my back when I fed him every morning and followed me around more than the dogs.

Shed left us far too soon, but also left his legacy. His son Fred lives with us now. Sometimes I look at him and think Shed? then I remember. We will miss snuggling with him and I will miss my buddy when I am getting ready in the morning. I will never look at another roll of toilet paper without thinking of him.

We love you Sheddy

2 comments:

  1. What is this? Some kind of horrible payback for my letter project? Really! Seriously, very touching tribute to a cat we all loved dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many rolls of toilet paper have you made me go through?!

    ReplyDelete