Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dear Catharine

You don't know me. You look just like me though. I wonder if you have any of my qualities. If you have any of the qualities of your father. I want to know if you wonder where you come from or should I say who you come from.

I wonder who I come from, since I was adopted too. If I have siblings. I would love to meet them and maybe get some kind of history. Do you wonder the same things?

Your life is much better because of my decision, but I have always wondered and thought of you. I tried not to attach myself to you, but I did. I remember so many details about that day. You were the only baby that I ever had go to the due date. I have always wondered about that.

I would love to get know you and the woman you have become. I am also scared to death to meet you. I always felt like white trash around your parents and I don't want to let you down. I have a tendency to let everyone in my life down at least once.


1 comment:

  1. You won't let her down. You might let yourself down if you don't take the next step. The question is, can you live with that?

    ReplyDelete