Sunday, August 22, 2010

Love the way you lie...

I have just seen the video for "Love the way you lie". Yeah I know I should have already seen it before now but hey.

I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was watching it over and over. Suddenly it hit me. That was my life from 16-24. Add 2 small children and there was my life. I am far from being that person, but she is still in there. My abuse could have been worse, much worse, but it was still abuse. I think the verbal abuse is what hurt the most. It still does. I can still hear it. Never will it go away.

I am stronger now than I was then. I couldn't have done it without my sister or my best friend behind me. I wish my children never knew anything of it. They too are stronger as a result, but they too have scars. Scars much deeper than mine and for that I am deeply sorry that I let them endure even a second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment