Thursday, August 5, 2010

Talk the talk or keep putting it off...

Clarity is what I need. Talks I must have. Sorry if I am sounding Yoda-like but my BFF gives Yoda-like advice.

So there is the "I am not in love with you" talk, the "I need to know where we stand" talk and the ever popular " You are NOT my mother" talk.

Maybe I should start with the easiest. "You are NOT my mother". Very simply I am almost 40 years old and this is my house. I can have a relationship, adult in fashion, with whomever I choose. If I care to bring such person back to my home, this is my prerogative. End of discussion!

The other two talks are much more difficult. I think they may even require notes on index cards and tissues. These talks must be well thought out and without distraction. Oh my this is going to be difficult.

1 comment:

  1. How to respond to this!!! First, the easy conversation, while not as emotionally draining, will have to be had loudly and with feeling, probably more than once. Second, the I am not in love with you talk is going to suck. Badly. Sadly, adult conversations come with the adult relationships. Thirdly, while there is always a risk in the where do we stand talk, I really think, having some behind nthe scenes knowledge of your situation, you are good. Lastly, listen to your Yoda like bff. She sounds like a genius, and will probably help you write the index cards.

    ReplyDelete