Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day is the day to honor our mother's. Maybe it should be to honor the women who are not our mothers, but are just as important. These are the aunt's, sisters, and other women who care for us, guide us, share in our ups and downs. These women understand us and want the best for us. Sounds like a mom to me.

I lost my mom when I was 21. Long before then, my sister was a lot like my mom. Where my mom slipped up, she caught me. I love my mom, I really do, but I think of my sister as more of my mom. She was my rock when things in her life were off kilter but I needed her. She made sure there was always a roof over my head, and my children's, and plenty of food. Even though she had two children of her own, my children and I, were just as important.

She was at both of my weddings, not agreeing with either, mind you. But she was there. She was at the birth of my first child, she was actually the first to hold her. When both of my marriages went into the toilet, she was there to catch me and help me steady myself.

She was there when our parents passed. The rock who knew what to do. Her life was hard, really hard. She was my role model and my hero. And I love her very much. I don't know where I would be without her. Thank you Wanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment