Friday, June 4, 2010

You can’t always get what you want…

This is the first of what I am sure will be an abundance of blogs this weekend.  I have issues. This is my way to vent and much venting needs to be done.

We all want to be heard and understood.  I get that.  If you want me to understand your point of view then maybe it should make sense.  Maybe, just maybe your point of view should be realistic. 

Just because your stressed, doesn’t mean that everyone needs to make adjustments to their lives in order to make yours easier.  We all have stress, everyone of us.  I am not getting another job or quitting school just so that your life may be a little less stressful.   I love my job and love going to school.  I am not going to school just to have something to do, I am trying to get a degree, be something, earn more in a field that I love.  I am not failing in spite you or to make school go on longer.  I failed because my life is a pressure cooker and its kind of hard to concentrate on formulas that you don’t understand in the first place, when you are trying to keep everyone happy around you. 

When I get a new job, it will be on my terms. When I hand over every paycheck, extra school money and tromp down to social services it will all be counted.  My contributions are just as important as yours.  Fuck you! That’s what I want to say.  If my contributions don’t count then I can gladly find something else to spend it on.  That is so not a problem. 

Men for centuries have been paying the brunt of household expenses. Blame women’s lib, the economy or hell,  even the position of the moon if you would like, because I make less than you.    Don’t tell me that I am doing nothing and you are doing it all.  I work, take care of a home, children, animals, and am a full time student.  I have had to cut back on classes because its too much for me to cram into an already full schedule.  Shall I do a job I hate for more money and more hours, and maybe just give up on everything else but that job, so that you can be a little less stressed?  No way!  

1 comment:

  1. Great points! Very well said. Good luck tonight, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete