Tuesday, December 22, 2009

where did Christmas go?

I have always loved Christmas, even during bad marriages to complete assholes. I just can't seem to get into the Christmas spirit. I have listened to Christmas music, watched the shows, baked cookies, there is even 2 feet of snow outside my window, still nothing. Most of my shopping is done, none of the wrapping, so it isn't the stress of not having presents. My tree is up with only a few ornaments and the rest of the decorations are in totes and boxes in the middle of my living room floor.

Last year, I got into the spirit after Christmas. What kind of sense does that make? Well I have 3 days to sing the songs and watch the shows. Three days to finish the shopping, clean the house and finish the tree. I want to go to Cara's class party and bake cookies, all sorts of cookies, but it won't happen. Bah humbug. It makes me sad to search for the joy that Christmas has always brought me and never find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment